Using curlers is one of the oldest methods for curling hair. Many modern ladies believe that rollers were used by their grandmothers and should be thrown out. Is this wise?
Modern alternative to curlers
Curlers can be replaced by electric curling irons, hair dryers, or by just having a perm. These tools have their advantages and disadvantages.
• Curling irons have a positive, but short-lived result.
• A hairdryer is easy to use, but damages the hair structure.
• Perms last a long time, but severely damage hair.
As you can see, curlers are not such a bad option, especially now that there are so many options to choose from.
Types of hair curlers
1. Rods – metal or wood rods with spiral notches.
2. Curlers – soft curlers are made of plastic and used overnight.
3. Electric curlers don't need to boil in water, do not spoil the hair, and their temperature is regulated. They are convenient and practical.
4. Velcro rollers are suitable for long hair.
5. Metal curlers can be easily fixed onto the hair, but they cannot be dried with a dryer to prevent overheating.
6. Foam is perfect for overnight styling.
7. Velvet curlers look like hollow cylinders, covered in cloth, and make gentle waves without spoiling the hair.
8. Boomerangs are soft rods convenient for sleep, and hold their shape for a long time.
Considering how diverse modern curlers are, they shouldn’t be discarded. Therefore, we can say that curlers have not lost their relevance, and simply need to be chosen accordingly.